Monday 6 February 2012

A brief portfolio of my work so far!

Starting with the most recent....

University project; "Adaptation"

for this project I looked at the poem 'My Last Duchess' by Robert Browning, after some extensive research I discovered that the Poem is rumoured to be about Lucrezia De Medici (1545 -1561) who is said to have been murdered allegedy by her husband Alfonso de'Este. Bronzino did a painting of the Duchess and I decided to recreate the garment she wears in the painting.



The garment still needs finishing as it required a lot of embroidery! however it is well underway with the bodice now completed.


Finished bodice;



Work experience as costume designer on short film 'Magwitch' a prequel to 'Great Expectations'

 Original designs for 'Molly'

 Garments created for 'Molly';

'Magwitch' promotional poster;
Costume Designs for 'To the Waters and the Wild' student film;



Scenic artwork for the National Theatre's 'One Man Two Guvnors'





  An unfinished painting begun during my time at the National Theatre;



Promotional poster for 'One Man Two Guvnors'



Costumes made for the short film 'Term Time' and a school badge designed and embroidered for the film;






Productions worked on during my time working in the Royal Opera House Costume Dye room;



and the production of Fidelio.





Productions worked on during my time spent at Artem Models and Effects;

Multiple large scale 'Spiderman' sculptures for Madame Tussauds;




Prop hands for a puppet for an illusionist's show;



Large scale solid wooden and collapsible plaster letters for an advertisement for 'Snapped - Women Who Kill'





I also helped on the new Renault advert which can be viewed at;


Costume design and distressing for university proect; 'Blood, Sweat and Tears'




Set and costume designs for an adapatation of 'Hansel and Gretel' - university project;




Costume designer on Channel 5 Docu-Drama 'Jack the Ripper the Definitive Story' which can be viewed at;



me dressing an actor;


A scene from the programme;



University project set build for a shop front based on the work of William Hogarth;

My design;



Scale Model;



Finished full scale build;


Doorknocker and hanging sign detail;


University project puppetry show;

 Finished puppets;



Wearing the puppet;


Face mechanisms;



University project - 'Vermeer' Costume, set, props and portrait all related to the artist's work.

Transcription of Vermeer's 'Girl with a pearl earring'
 Portrait and props;

 Skull mask prop;
One of a series of Delft tile props;


Costume and scenic art;

Art work pre- university ' masked' project;

wax masks;

bronze masks;

Photography;


1 comment:

  1. Hi , Im really interested in your work , I am also a theatre designer from Teynahm near faversham. I noticed you have worked in the theatre royal in margate. I have a show going in there soon and your drawings are coming in very handy ! please email me at richard_c_cooper@hotmail.com. I have a few questions id really like to ask you . Richard

    ReplyDelete