Wednesday 26 January 2011

Prisoners uniforms

While I wait on David's decision about the shool badge and colours, I have decided to look at the prisoners uniforms that the children will wear in detention. my first thought was the classic black and white striped uniform often seen in old movies 



I also thought of the orange jumpsuits worn by american prisoners and in the British comedy about asbo teenagers 'Misfits'



Further research led me to discover that British prisoners wear grey uniforms;



However prisoners at high rist of escaping must wear brightly coloured uniforms such as michael stone's lovely little number;



All these are ideas I will pitch to David to see what he likes and what ideas I should take forward.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any more information about the picture with the grey uniforms? I've been trying to research HM Prison uniforms and have been having quite a lot of trouble finding documented info. I've seen the documentary on Aylesbury prison, but they don't wear uniforms.

    ReplyDelete